Social media is an amazing tool for raising the profile of your journal, promoting your content, and engaging with your community. It's unsurprising that many editors are creating an online identity for their journal on platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. However, without effective planning and a clear strategy, it's hard to ensure that your messages are reaching the right audience.
Our team of social media experts have built an extensive resource to guide you through each step of your social media journey. Whether you need help planning your journal's online presence and growing your following, or maintaining your account and engaging with your audience, we've got you covered!
Download your free copy of the Social Media Guide for Journal Editors now:
Top tips from social media experts at our #TFGoSocial Twitter event
We recently hosted a Twitter chat about how journals can use social media over on our @TandFEditors account. Social media experts from across the publishing industry joined us for this great event:
- Euan Adie, founder of @Altmetric
- Miles Richardson, Multimedia and Social Media Editor for Ergonomics, @Ergonomics1957
- Tepi McLaughlin, Social Media Co-ordinator for Journal of Sports Sciences, @JSportsSci
- Emma Maguire, Social Media Editor for Life Writing, @LifeWritingJnl
- Bethany Farr, Social Media Manager at Taylor & Francis, @TandFAuthorServ
Catch up on the event highlights by browsing our #TFGoSocial Moment on Twitter for a full-run down of the best answers from our amazing panel. For a flavour of the discussion, check out their final words of wisdom from the day:
Social Media Toolkit
For more advice about social media, explore our online toolkit right here on Editor Resources:
- Twitter tips for editors – our Head of Journals Development shares advice for Twitter novices
- Creating an online identity: a Social Media Editor’s perspective – tips from a Social Media Editor on how to get started
- How important is social media as a communication tool? – our Press & Media Relations Manager explains the value of social media promotion
- My role as a Social Media Editor: one year on – Claire Sewell reflects on what she’s learned as a Social Media Editor
- Tools for quick and effective social media management – advice on how to use social media management systems
- Altmetric, social media, and impact – understanding the links between social media promotion and Altmetric data
Do you have any examples of social media best practice to share with other editors? Tweet us @tandfeditors and don’t forget to tune in to our Twitter chat with the hashtag #tfgosocial to hear insights from our amazing panel of experts.