ScholarOne Manuscripts Optima is a useful search and reference-linking feature available to authors, editors, and reviewers across all Taylor & Francis and Routledge ScholarOne Manuscripts sites. It integrates elements of ScholarOne Manuscripts with Web of ScienceTM and EndNote from Thomson Reuters to give a range of tools that help make the lives of Authors, editors, and reviewers easier when using the system.
Authors can create their manuscript in EndNote and seamlessly submit it for review using ScholarOne Manuscripts. Editors can perform external searches for reviewers, including in Web of ScienceTM, using keywords and related records. Reviewers in turn have click-through citation linking and related records accessible in manuscripts they are reviewing. In addition to this, editors and reviewers have the benefit of enhanced access to Web of ScienceTM even when away from their full institutional memberships, making accessing relevant papers that much easier.
Author submission – features and benefits
Using fast-pass submission, authors can upload one single manuscript file and submission form fields are filled out automatically using the information in their manuscript file. Authors can then simply fill in any remaining fields before submitting.
- Speeds up the submission process for authors, saving time and reducing workload.
- Improved accuracy of references, potentially decreasing revision time to correct them at a later stage and also improving the presentation of their work.
- Works for Word documents created on a Mac as well as on a PC.
Editor searches – features and benefits
With ScholarOne Manuscripts Optima, editors will have enhanced access to Web of ScienceTM even when away from their full institutional memberships. Within a couple of clicks editors are able to widen their search outside of their current list of reviewers on their journal’s ScholarOne site, improving the search for high-quality reviews.
- Expansion of your current reviewer database for future reviews.
- Allows for a specific search based on reviewer expertise, using keywords and related records.
- Allows quick verification of reviewer authenticity before inviting them to review.
For further information on selecting reviewers, please read the article “Verifying the reviewer’s credentials in the field” *
* Please note that you will need to log in to access this article. If you cannot remember your password, you can request a new one via the log-in at the top of the page. Your username will be the email address used to correspond with your editorial contact at Taylor & Francis.
Reviewers – features and benefits
Reviewers also have enhanced access to Web of ScienceTM even when away from their full institutional memberships with ScholarOne Manuscripts Optima. Reviewers will have the ability to access material related to the manuscript they are reviewing, allowing them to assess the manuscript’s impact and context within the current literature.
- Click-through citation linking and related records in manuscripts they are reviewing.
- Ability to perform similar external searches on the manuscript keywords to find related papers.