Editorial Manager 12.1 has arrived*, and boasts some great new features designed to make the editorial process easier, faster, and more flexible.
If you regularly assign more than one editor when you receive a submission, you’ll be pleased to hear that you will now be able to select all of your editors in one easy step using ‘Editor Chains’**.
- Once Editor Chains have been set up, you can quickly decide who to assign for each link in the chain using drop-down menus.
- You decide whether you want to notify every editor in the chain, or only selected editors.
- Set up different Editor Chains for different article types – no more scrolling through a list of every editor to find the one book reviews editor or special issues editor!
One of the most exciting developments enhances the ‘Review Status’ box, allowing you to see detailed information about the review process without needing to navigate away from your list of submissions. All from one cell you will be able to see:
- Information about the number of invited, declined, assigned or overdue reviewers, along with the days since invitation, reason for declining (when available), due date or days late displayed for each reviewer.
- Reviewer names that link to their information page.
- Completed reviews displayed by recommendation type, with a direct link to the review.
Other notable features include:
- Accept and Download PDF** – reviewers can now accept an invitation to review and view the manuscript PDF in one click!
- Assign Reviewer Number at Review Completion** – you can now decide if you would like reviewer numbers to be assigned when a reviewer accepts the invitation to review, or when they return their completed review.
- Detailed People Notes** – notes on individual user’s profiles will now record who added the comment and when. Determine who can view and add notes using role permissions.
If you would like to find out more about any of these new features, or to discuss adding them to your site, please contact your Editorial Systems Coordinator at Taylor & Francis. Please note that the improvements to the ‘Review Status’ box will not need any additional configuration.
*Editorial Manager 12.1 will be rolled out to Taylor & Francis journals in October.
**These features require configuration by your Editorial Systems Coordinator at Taylor & Francis and will not automatically display following the update. If you are unsure of who to contact, please direct your queries to PRSHelp@tandf.co.uk.