In order to improve our service to Authors and Editors we are introducing a query management system, the Journals Communication Hub (JCH), which is based on journal-specific email addresses. Authors and Editors will still have the same contacts for Production and Peer Review Systems but they will just respond from the journal addresses instead of their own email.
The main benefit of this change is that we can better support communication with authors and editors when the regular contact is away from the office, because the correspondence will be available for Team Leaders to act upon, not hidden in individual staff mailboxes. In this way we can offer seamless service to our customers and avoid out of office replies.
The continuity in email address format across departments will also provide consistency in the author journey between peer review and production, and authors and editors will not need to remember multiple individual personal email addresses if their contacts change.
Journal email addresses
Your journal may use up to 3 email addresses depending on the services that have been agreed. The email addresses are for Implementations, Peer Review and Production.
Email addresses will take the following format, where ‘ABCD’ will be replaced with your journal’s own four-letter acronym:
- The Implementations email address should be used for contacting the Peer Review Systems Coordinator regarding any issues relating to Editorial Manager or ScholarOne. The Implementations contact is responsible for implementing any changes to a peer review system. If your journal is not already using a peer review system then you will not need to use an Implementations email address.
- The Peer Review email address should be used for contacting the Peer Review Coordinator for your journal if you already have a peer review support contact provided by Taylor & Francis. If you do not already have peer review support for your journal then you will not need to use a Peer Review email address.
- The Production email address should be used for contacting the Production Editor and Production Assistant regarding articles, issues and anything else relating to the preparation of material for publication. Most journals will have a dedicated Production contact who can be reached using this email address.
- Production Editors and Peer Review Systems staff will be briefing editors of their new journal email addresses in advance of their go live date.
- There will be a phased release to the JCH, so you may not be instructed to begin using the new Production or Peer Review Systems email addresses at exactly the same time.
- Your regular contacts will let you know whether this will be the case for your journal, and will inform you of the precise date(s) when the new email addresses will go live.
What do I need to do differently?
- From the go live date, you should direct all correspondence relating to Production or Peer Review Systems to the new journal email addresses.
- You should not contact Production or Peer Review Systems staff using their personal email address unless you need to communicate a truly sensitive or confidential message.
- JCH is only being used by Production and Peer Review Systems staff, so please continue to direct correspondence to the personal email addresses of your Editorial and Marketing contacts.
- Please get in touch with your Production or Peer Review Systems contacts if you wish to find out more about JCH.