Keeping up with the latest news from the research community can be hard. Submissions deadlines, papers to mark, conferences to attend – it’s easy to push it all to one side.
That’s why we’ve introduced Insights: a weekly round-up of the latest research news, stories, and tips for researchers at all stages. From reviewer guidelines to making an impact through social media, we’ve got it covered. Delivered straight to your inbox, make sure you never miss out.
Need more convincing? Here are 5 reasons why you should sign up to Insights today:
- Develop your journal. Be alerted to opportunities and resources that can really boost your journal, like our advice on how to work with your editorial board and our handy reviewer guidelines, offering a step-by-step guide to writing a review.
- Make an impact. Look beyond citations to see the potential your journal could have outside academia. We read about one journal’s adventures into twitter, and how one editorial sparked debate that influenced scientific practice (and was also one of the most-discussed journal articles of 2016, featuring in the Altmetric top 100).
- Master your role. From optimizing citations to developing your journal and tweeting your research to using an online submission system, hear the latest tips to support you whatever hat you have on - whether you’re an author, editor, reviewer or reader (or just curious!)
- Connect with the research community, hearing insights from researchers at all stages, finding out what it’s like to be a journal editor or 16 things you might not know about early career researchers.
- Keep up to date. Be alerted to essential news, like the Higher Education Funding Council for England’s (HEFCE) Open Access policy and why it’s so important to Think and Check before you Submit.